- Internships & Research Opportunities
- Presentation & Publication Opportunities
- Opportunity Databases
- Explore CSU-LSAMP Newsletters for Additional On- and Off-Campus Opportunities
- Emerging Leaders in Data Science Fellowship, NIH-HIAID | Deadline March 25, 2022
- REU: Computing for Health and Well-Being, University of Iowa | Deadline March 31, 2022
- Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program, Department of Energy | Deadline March 31, 2022
- REU: Urban Ecology and the Environment, Brooklyn College, CUNY | Deadline April 1, 2022
- Integrative Biology Summer Undergraduate Research Experience, UC Berkeley | Deadline April 1, 2022
- Integrative Microbial and Plant Systems Undergraduate Research Experience, NC State University | Deadline April 1, 2022
- IMAGE 2022, International Meeting for Applied Geoscience and Energy | Deadline March 17, 2022
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference 2022, Parenteral Drug Association | Deadline March 31, 2022
- 96th Annual School Health Conference, American School Health Association | Deadline April 1, 2022
- Innovations in Science Diplomacy, Journal of Science Policy and Diplomacy | Deadline April 3, 2022
- Call for Papers, Cura Terra: Georgetown’s Undergraduate Journal of the Environment | Submissions accepted on a rolling basis
- Call for Papers, Young Journal of European Affairs, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich | Submissions accepted on a rolling basis
- Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship
- Brooke Owens Fellowship - designed for students who identify as a woman or another type of gender-minority and are interested in a career in any facet of the aerospace industry | Due Annually in September
- Patti Grace Smith Fellowship - designed for Black and African-American students who are looking for their first ever internship in the aerospace industry | Due Annually in November
- Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship - designed for college juniors, seniors, and graduate students in the field of commercial spaceflight | Due Annually in November
U.S. Government Research Opportunity Databases
- Department of Energy Internships: The DOE provides nationwide opportunities for research participation, fellowships, scholarships, training, and internship programs for undergraduates, grads, postdocs, and faculty.
- NASA Research Internships: NASA Internships are competitive awards to support educational opportunities that provide unique NASA-related research and operational experiences for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as educators. These opportunities serve students by integrating interns with career professionals emphasizing mentor-directed, degree-related tasks, while contributing to the operation of a NASA facility or the advancement of NASA's missions.
- National Institute of Health Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research: Summer programs at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) provide an opportunity to spend a summer working at the NIH side-by-side with some of the leading scientists in the world, in an environment devoted exclusively to biomedical research.
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs): NSF funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program. Each program has a different application process. We encourage you to apply for more than one! An REU Site may be at either a US or foreign location.
- Naval Research Enterprise Intern Program (NREIP): This program provides an opportunity for students to participate in research at a Department of Navy (DoN) laboratory during the summer. The goals are to encourage participating students to pursue science and engineering careers, to further education via mentoring by laboratory personnel and their participation in research, and to make them aware of DoN research and technology efforts, which can lead to employment within the DoN.
Other Research Opportunity Databases
There are multiple other databases and resources that can connect you with programs that interest you the most. NOTE: Some opportunities in these databases are open to undocumented and DACAmented students.
- Institute for Broadening Participation – Pathways to Science
- RISE Germany: Summer Research Internships in Science and Engineering
- SACNAS Opportunities Board
- SFSU Undergraduate Internship and Research Opportunities Database
- Student Opportunity Center
- UndocuSTEM: Summer Research and Professional Development Programs for Undocumented College Students in STEM Fields
Other Summer Research Resources & Opportunities
NOTE: Some of the opportunities listed below are open to undocumented and DACAmented students.
- Astrobiology Research for Undergraduates at the SETI Institute
- Big 10 Summer Research Opportunities Program
- CAMPARE Undergraduate Research Opportunities in astronomy, physics, planetary and space science, or astrobiology | Please contact the Cal Poly CAMPARE liaison before you apply!
- The Leadership Alliance Summer Research – Early Identification Program (a consortium of universities including Stanford)
- INROADS Internship Program (research-related internships in industry)
- EuroScholars Program (research outside of the U.S.)
- STAR Research Opportunities for Future K-12 STEM Teachers
- University of Arizona Summer Research Institute (SRI)
- University of California Summer Research Opportunities Overview (for non-UC students)
- UCSF Summer Research Training Program (for non-UCSF students)
- University of Colorado Summer Multicultural Access to Research Training (SMART)